Hello everyone! Today I want to talk to you about some of my most favorite crafty supplies these days. I’ve been playing with them for a couple of months now to get a good feel about them and I can honestly say I’m madly in love. The products I’m talking about are the Nuvo Drops and Embellishment Mousse by Tonic Studios.
Let’s start with the Nuvo Drops. They come in four different types with different properties but all of them have a great color range.
- Crystal Drops, are the opaque bright colored version.
- Crystal Drops also come in metallic colors (I personally list them as a different category cause they are metallic instead of the regular gloss finish).
- Jewel Drops, are translucent versions with beautiful light tints of color. The colors change as they dry from what you see in the bottles to a clear look.
- Glitter Drops, are clear drops with different colors of glitter mixed in. Just like the jewel drops they also turn clear as they dry.
For my swatches I tried them on three different backgrounds. The first row is on top of black alcohol marker. I wanted to see how they pop on dark backgrounds so I added a strip with an alcohol marker to make sure it’s permanent. The red strip is actually painted with a watercolor marker.
For this one I wanted to test if the water-reactive marker will affect the color of the drops. Although when I put the drops down they looked fine, as they were sitting on the colored surface they started to get tinted with the red base. I think this is a really interesting property of the drops as you can use them at your advantage and create interesting effects.
The next product I wanted to share with you is the Nuvo Embellishment Mousse. This is a very unique product and aside from the amazing color range that Tonic Studios offers, they also have some very unique properties. There are endless possibilities on how to use these product but the three main applications are:
- Blending. You can either use your fingers or a make up sponge/brush for that. Compared to blending with inks, the Nuvo mousse is very unique cause it has a beautiful shimmery finish and also dries permanent.
- Texture paste. You can use the mousse in a very textured application with a palette knife. It dries pretty hard and it keeps its shape without leveling.
- Watercoloring. If you dilute a small amount of the product with water you can create a nice wash of color. Altghough you can create an effect similar to watercolors it will still dry permanent so you can layer over it for fun effects and techniques.
Now some of you may wonder if you really need this product. Even though you can achieve similar effects with other products it’s not very easy to find a product that can be blended or create a watercolor look and then dry permanent.
On top of that I don’t think there’s another product in the marker (at least none that I’m aware of) that can do all three things at once. This makes it a perfect companion for crops or travelling when you have to pack light. It’s also a great choice for people on a tight budget as you can get a ton of different techniques from a single pot.
Are you excited about these products? If you place an order using the links bellow I get a small commission at no extra cost for you. This way you can help me create even more content and share more ideas and inspiration with you 🙂
I received these from Tonic Studios but this is not a sponsored post. All the opinions are true an honest. If I don't genuinely love a product I wouldn't recommend it to you.
Stay tuned cause I'll be back soon with another review on my absolute TOP favorite product by Nuvo, the Aqua Flow pens. I love them so madly that I wanted to do a whole separate video and post about them so that will be coming up shortly. Until that, here are some sneaks.